Welcome to Northern Suburbs Community Centre!
Northern Suburbs Community Centre Inc was established in 1983 and provides a range of services to the communities of Rocherlea, Mayfield, Newnham, Mowbray and Invermay and operates a neighbourhood house from two sites; Archer Street, Rocherlea and Dover Street, Mowbray and administers Li-Lea Pad Early Childhood Centre, Blackwood Drive, Rocherlea
The official Li-Lea Pad site can be found here.
The aim of NSCC is to provide a friendly, relaxed meeting place for all members of the community, and to ensure that all users of the centre have the opportunity to grow personally, socially and educationally in a safe, supportive environment. Building the community is a fundamental value that underpins all our activities
- To support, maintain & continue the development of NSCC,
- To provide a focal point for the communities of the northern suburbs,
- To be available to anyone in accordance with the anti-discrimination act, To provide recreational & educational courses & activities & companionship,
- To provide community residents with the opportunity to plan, administer & evaluate programs that affect their families and community,
- To provide programs which cater for the needs of individuals,
- To provide outreach, counseling & referral services to community residents,
- To work together with public & private organizations & other community groups meeting the approval of the Management Committee,
- To make representation for assistance & support, financial or otherwise, to government bodies, service groups, industry & others,
- To provide a location for community meetings which meet the approval of the management committee,
- To act as an advocate for the community on agreed issues
The Northern Suburbs Community Centre is a not for profit incorporated body. Funding comes from a variety of sources but predominantly from Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS)
Find us on